Monday, November 5, 2007

Letting It All In

We endeavor for ends and purpose for perfection. Why? So, we can undergo a extremum minute of accomplishment, a loving relationship, ideal wellness or fulfillment? But, are we EVER really "letting in" the joyousness of it all?

Not too long ago, I had the privilege of celebrating the launch of my book, The Power of Inner Choice. Nearly 200 friends, household and familiarities joined me that gorgeous twenty-four hours in Los Gatos. About an hr into the party, my friend Cognizance Farber asked me how I was doing.

Well, all the inside information of the political political party had come up together rather synchronically, people had stepped up and were serving food, drinks and managing the festivities. Dear friends were arriving every minute, people I hadn't seen in calendar months or longer! People were enthusiastically buying books. It was "all about me," which was admittedly sort of fun.

But, superficial replies don't really cut it with my friend Ken. He's real, and wishes depth and authenticity. I met him at a Lord Byron Katie Weekend Intensive, and he's an exceeding individual. So, I shared - "Well, most of me is really excited and present with everything going on." And...there was another layer. So I continued. "And, I detect a little portion of me is thinking that I should be doing more than to assist carry the party. I'm normally the 1 at my political parties putting nutrient in the oven, filling up the chafing dishes, serving drinks and attending to details." Alas, all Iodine was doing was sign language books and greeting people.

It was obvious to both of us what was needed. Tapping into Lord Byron Katie's simple questions, Cognizance instinctively asked, "You should be doing something, is it true?" I checked in and realized everything WAS being handled. (Thank goodness for Margaret and Jim!) There really wasn't anything more to do, than to simply be present and graciously subscribe books.

Then he asked, "How make you respond when you believe the thought, 'I should be doing something'?" I answered, "Well, a portion of me isn't available to be here 100% with my guests. I experience some implicit in nervous energy and anxiety. My thorax is tight. A portion of me is in the kitchen. I'm in my head, not my body."

Ken then asked, "Who would you be without the thought, "I should be doing something'?"
My eyes immediately swelled with tears, as I felt my thorax buoy up and overpowering feelings of gratitude and emotion poured into every cell of my body. It was uncomfortable and awkward, yet freeing. I could barely reply the question. Without the thought, 'I should be doing something,' I would have got to fully take in that this political party is for me (and my book) and these people came to observe with me. That was extraordinarily overwhelming!! Thank goodness, I had on dark glasses and the bubbly had already been poured. I felt so much gratitude and joy. It was truly one of the sweetest minutes of my life.

Once again, I am amazed at how one little guiltless idea kept me from experiencing all the love and joyousness available to me in that moment. I immediately felt more than than relaxed, lighter and at peace inside, able to be more present to everyone. What had I been waiting for?

All too often, we endeavor and endeavor and endeavor -- in expectancy of some moment. And, how often make we barricade and filter the most fantastic feelings of love, joyousness and gratitude from ever coming in? Where are YOU not letting in all the love and joyousness you deserve? For me, I realized that I was filtering the love from my relationship, as well as love from others.

Have you ever thought your important other was "with-holding" love from you? Could it be that your RECEIVING Gates just weren't letting it in?

Business accomplishments, parts to the lives of others, joyousness of an experience, love from a friend, achieving a wellness goal, receiving a fillip bank check are all chances to "let in" good feelings. Perhaps, like me, there is an guiltless idea standing in the manner of feeling all the joyousness you deserve. If there's a "I'll observe when...," Oregon "I have got too much to do" or "They don't really love me" idea lurking nearby, I ask for you to look into the thought with Katie's four inquiries (www.lovingwhatis.com). With an small purpose and probe -- you can quadruple the good feelings in your life almost immediately. Experience life fully - bash IT NOW.

Soulful CHALLENGE: Identify any ideas that may be blocking your RECEIVING muscles. Put the ideas up against "inquiry." Challenge yourself to acquire present and take in all the love, joyousness and grasp from others. You bash rate it.

(Katie's inquiries and instruction manual for "inquiry" are also establish in my book, The Power of Inner Choice.)

No comments: